Old September 17th 12, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

In article , () wrote:

On 17/09/2012 09:27, Neil Williams wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:

At the supermarket self-checkout yesterday I observed someone paying in
coins, one at a time, looking at the display in between each one to see
how much more was required. She was putting in over a fiver in small
coins! Even if you over-pay, they return the balance to you as change.

More modern ones have a hopper you can just pour coins in. It's how I
get rid of my change jar contents these days - do a big shop at Tesco,
lob them all in, then pay the balance by credit card.

I noticed that the self-serve tills don't dispense 50-pence coins at
supermarkets. Is that because of their size and their shape?

Size maybe but the shape is constant diameter so shouldn't cause a problem
with mechanisms.

--
Colin Rosenstiel