Old September 19th 12, 12:34 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Hayes & Harlington - Victoria/London Oyster Cards

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:27:46 +0100, "Paul D Smith"
wrote:

Your thoughts reflect how I felt until I obtained one. And, for
single day trips to London you may be better of buying a day return to
zones 1thruN.

However, if you travel a lot within London it is very liberating. I
registered my Oyster on-line and added automatic top-up. Buses trips
seem expensive at GBP1.35/boarding. But the Overground and subway
journeys are reasonable.

Ditto! And you can use them on some local rail routes, for example to
Enfield, Chingford etc. I have no idea how you find out WHICH rail routes
though.

As I pointed our upthread, it's amazing what you can find on the
interweb thingy; just use the single fare finder if in doubt:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...t/default.aspx