Old September 19th 12, 01:21 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
CD CD is offline

Default Hayes & Harlington - Victoria/London Oyster Cards

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 13:34:14 +0100, Recliner wrote:

As I pointed our upthread, it's amazing what you can find on the
interweb thingy; just use the single fare finder if in doubt:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...t/default.aspx

I never realised you could grab an Oyster at a newsagent, I've had frequent
work trips to Westminster but always walked from Hotel to the office.

So, have I got this right...? I get a PAYG Oyster at the newsagent next to
H&H & load it with £13 on Friday evening, I then travel to Victoria via
Ealing Broadway, touch off at Victoria £2.90 deducted.

On the Saturday I decide to go to the Eye so take a short hop to
Westminster or Waterloo on the Tube. After this I decide to go to The
Science Museum so nip to South Kensington on the tube. Having had my
Science fix I decide to take a look at Canary Wharf & nip there on the
Tube. When I get there I fancy a go on the DLR & take that to Tower Gateway
& take in the Bridge. I then realise I forgot to do the Aquarium after The
Eye, now all trained out I take the RV1 bus back to Waterloo. The Oyster
has a cap of a days travelcard for the zones visited so £7 deducted.

Sunday back to H&H £2.90 deducted, total cost £12.80 leaving 20p credit.Non
Oyster cost 2 x £5.30 singles + £7 Zone 1-2 Travelcard £17.60
Does I get that right? Or does an Oyster have to be bought in £10/£5
increments?

CD