Old September 20th 12, 11:25 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Hayes & Harlington - Victoria/London Oyster Cards

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:01:16 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
25% larger or 20% smaller, whichever you prefer, is quite a big

I said smaller, hence the 20%.

difference. Would you say a 20% cut in your income was not that much?

I've had a 50% drop in my income at various times in my career. Didn't bother
me unduly.

So if it works in cities the size of moscow and new york it would work here
and special pleading about london being some unusual case due to its size is
specious at best.

You were the one making size comparisons (oo er missis!)

No, the post I was replying to did when he said barcelona was small compared
to london. So I suggested moscow as an alternative.

Yes. Mainly because it would cost me less in the long run. I subsidise
buses and trains oop narf via my taxes which I'm never going to use, no

reason
they can't subsidise the tube a bit more.

I bet you change your mind in the voting booth.

Well, I can't disprove that so no point arguing the toss about it. Suffice
to say, the current fares on the tube are absurd.

B2003