Old September 22nd 12, 11:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

In article ,
(Clive) wrote:

In message , Graham Harrison
writes
wrote in message
m...
In article ,
(Clive) wrote:
In message ,
writes
You just don't get it, do you? There is no way a parent on their own
can fold a buggy for a not-yet-walking child and get onto a bus. They
need too many hands.
It was normal in the 60s, why do women need more hands now?
They couldn't travel on buses with very small children or they used
open platform buses where they could board first and then fold the
buggy.

And then there was often a conductor to help.

Rubbish, the pushchair was folded before the bus stopped, or you
didn't get on.
I'm not guessing, I was a bus driver.

And only people who could do that used buses. The rest were excluded. That
was the nasty way things were then. I don't think my mother did.

--
Colin Rosenstiel