Old April 1st 04, 11:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MorrisJ2 MorrisJ2 is offline

Default New rail operator "One"

I know the name of the rail company taking over ALL train services from
Liverpoool Street today is "One". [www.onerailway.com]

BUT - Was my friend winding me up today (1/1/04) when he said the tannoy
announcement he heard this morning at London LS, instead of being "the 0730
First Great Eastern service to ....." was changed to "the 0730 'One' service

Annoying if you arrive 30 seconds "early" to find the train gone half a minute
ago.
Confusing if true, but I DO know what the date is, Mike!!