Old September 23rd 12, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

In article , (Paul Terry)
wrote:

In message ,
writes

They couldn't travel on buses with very small children or they used open
platform buses where they could board first and then fold the buggy.

My mother could easily fold or unfold a pushchair with a single flick
of one hand in the 50s. But of course they didn't have buggies in
those days.

And most toddlers were encouraged to walk (with reins) from an early
age, so folded pushchairs on buses were not so common back then.

I was talking about children too young to walk. I agree it's not a problem
if they can.

--
Colin Rosenstiel