Old September 24th 12, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

In message , at 21:14:31 on
Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Graham Harrison
remarked:
The first question Tesco ask you is "Have you brought your own bag",
at which point you can put it on the bagging area and it
re-calibrates the weighing scales.
Not in my neck of the woods. It says have you brought your own
bags, press yes, put them in the bagging area and it immediately says
unknown item in bagging area.

I went to Sainsbury later, and they ask the same question as Tesco.
Very first screen, and this time because I only had one of my own
bags the system accepted it.

How do you know it was because you only had one bag?

Went back to Sainsburys today, and the system rejected that same one
bag. The assistant volunteered the information that it was because it
was too heavy.