Old September 25th 12, 07:34 AM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Cambridge to London City Airport

In message , at 23:41:36 on
Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
It is somewhat surprising how awkward this journey is if you have to
ponder dragging a lot of luggage around.

About ten years ago I had to do several cross-London trips with lots of
luggage and a very bad back. Stairs were out of the question.

What I found was that you could often patch together a route from a
number of "stepless changes", although sometimes it was noticeably
slower.

For example (and perhaps of help to the OP), you can change from the
Liverpool St Mainline concourse to the clockwise Circle [but not the
anticlockwise). And if you take a train from there to Mile End it's a
cross-platform change to the eastbound Central.

What I don't know is whether it's possible to change from the Central to
the DLR at Stratford steplessly. (Or indeed whether it's better in
practice to get National Rail to Stratford and then change.)

But I hope that gives a flavour.