Old September 25th 12, 02:48 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

Default Cambridge to London City Airport

On Sep 24, 11:12*pm, Theo Markettos theom
wrote:
I've been looking up flights and it turns out one of the connections works
nicely via London City. *Can anyone recommend a sensible way to get there
from Cambridge? *Previously there was an express bus from Liverpool St, but
that went when the DLR extension was built.

National Express to Stratford then DLR is the obvious one looking at a map,
but it appears that involves a change at Poplar (or Jubilee to Canning
Town). *NatEx's southbound stop at Stratford wasn't ideally placed for the
station (though I've no idea if the Olympic works have moved things about).

I would have (quite a lot of) luggage, so non-traipsing options would be
appreciated. *I've walked from Liv St to Bank a fair bit to make onward
connections from there, but it's not something I'd want to do with luggage.

Any suggestions?

I fly into and out of LCY (inbound from overseas) reasonably
frequently, and a few of those have involved trips to/from Cambridge.
I generally travel light, but I would recommend:

Cambridge - King's Cross
walk across Pancras Road,
Southeastern Highspeed St Pancras to Stratford International
DLR Stratford International to LCY. This may involve a change of
trains at somewhere like Canning Town, but at least sometimes there
are through trains.

All the stations involved are either new build or recently refurbished
and have lifts/escalators from platform to concourse level.

Robin