Old September 26th 12, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Dalston Junct - Gatwick Airport

On 2012-09-26 07:52:28 +0000, Robin said:

If we are looking outside the peak periods then I think the cost could
be shaved a bit further at the price of a change at East Croydon:
Oyster to East Croydon (£2.80) from where it's £4.90 to Gatwick - total
£7.70.

Ah - I've not had the pleasure of Croydon for a while. The ELL goes to
West Croydon though - is that near East Croydon? But wait a minute -
I've just looked at the route map and the stop before – Norwood
Junction – is shown as an interchange to Gatwick. But that's £8.20. Big
drop if I can get to EC – odd that the fare drops so much in one stop.

The offpeak Oyster fare to Croydon is actually £2.90. To Norwood it's
£2.60, so £10.80 total from the latter, which is 20p more than from New
Cross Gate.

E.