Old September 26th 12, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Dalston Junct - Gatwick Airport

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message 201209251223357150-nospam@nospamcom, at 12:23:35 on Tue, 25
Sep 2012, eastender remarked:

The issue here is that the £19.60 fare is "Any Permitted" (including tube
transfers), but the £9.90 one is "Not Underground" (so in effect "FCC
only"-lite). If you can accept that restriction, then by all means split
the fare at Farringdon.

Ah I see - so it's not possible to buy a cheaper ticket from DJ?

I suggest this is primarily down to the previously discussed issue whereby
Shoreditch HS is stuck in zone 1, as agreed by TfL and DfT. Therefore there
cannot be a 'not London' through fare to/from the ELL comparable with
those that exist on the WLL.

The very similar 'LO+SN' fare from Willesden Jn to Gatwick is £11.50 for
instance, so the fact that the journey requires the two TOCs is presumably
not the main reason.

Paul S