Old September 28th 12, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Took A Ride to Epping

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:09:15 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
It might well have done but park and ride is not a prominent aspect of
transport policy in London and even less so for an outpost of the

I suppose because of all the mainline trains into london its not seen as
mattering much. OTOH I have some relatives who live up in Bury St Edmunds
and the train service there is so woeful that its quicker for them to drive
to redbridge and get the tube in.

have the land available. Having checked the TfL site Epping has the
largest car park on the tube system (516 spaces).

Pretty large, but still not even 1 train of people assuming 1 person per car.
I bet the local sidestreets have parking problems during the week.

the car park. I guess there must be jams each morning with loads of
people heading to the station.

More than likely, and epping high street the few times I've been there has
been busy on a w/e. What its like during weekday rushhour with all the
traffic to the station I dread to think.

B2003