Old September 30th 12, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brian Watson[_2_] Brian Watson[_2_] is offline

Default Central Line P&R [was: Took A Ride to Epping]

wrote in message

I wonder if it would have made sense to double track the section to north
weald , terminate trains there and capture commuter traffic from the M11.
There are plenty of empty fields around there that could have been turned
into
a huge park and ride facility, unlike Epping station which is pretty much
hemmed in.

I'd use a station out that way if it was easily accessed from the M11.

I live a little beyond the top of the M11 and quite often need to get into
central London.

I generally either use Ely station (£3 a day parking nearby) or drive down
to Redbridge or Blackhorse Road and Tube in from there.

ISTR Newbury Park was built with the intention of being convenient for all
kinds of road traffic (buses and cars) from the A12. I presume in the last
55 years or so, its capacity has become a bit inadequate?

Re-open the Ilford loop, I say! Who needs allotments anyway?

:-)

--
Brian