Old October 2nd 12, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Basil Jet[_3_] Basil Jet[_3_] is offline

Default Kings Cross platform 0

On 2012\10\01 20:28, Clive wrote:
In message , Peter Smyth
writes
New Cross, Waterloo East, and St Pancras Low Level use letters rather
than numbers for their platforms.

Each of Waterloo East and St. Pancras I can understand as they're just
about two stations on the same sight, New Cross, I've never been to.

You must be the only living boy who hasn't been to New Cross. Allegedly,
the platform numbers are to distinguish from New Cross gate, although
they aren't really near enough to warrant that.