Old October 4th 12, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] is offline

Default Kings Cross platform 0

The Real Doctor wrote in news:k4i9cv$cv8$1
@dont-email.me:

On 01/10/12 23:42, mcp wrote:
Edinburgh Waverly had a lot more missing before the recent
renumbering.

The filled-in ones at the east end?

Yes. When I was a lad, 1 was the through platform at the north side, 2 & 3
were the next bay which was taken over by the Post Office, the next bays
were 4 & 5, 6 & 7 and 8 & 9 (which became parking). 10 & 11 were the two
ends of the southern through road, then 12 & 13, 14 & 15, 16 & 17 were
west-facing bays numbered from south to north. 18, as I recall, was a
single track bay under the northern access ramp and 19 was the other end of
1. 20 & 21 were the 'sub' - the island platform outside the main shed to
the south.

The remains were still numbered thus until quite recently, when they added
a couple of new platforms and renumbered everything, much to the confusion
of old men like me. Fortunately there are still staff around who will
translate.

Peter

--
|| Peter CS ~ Epsom ~ UK | pjcs02 [at] gmail.com |