Old October 4th 12, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Suicide at Hayes & Harlington

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 04:35:56AM -0700, CJB wrote:

Speaking of the 4'th suicide in as many months, John McDonnell MP H&H
stated "We need to get everyone around table and examine all possible
measures we can take to stop this from happening, because it has got
to a point where we can't just stand back."

Can't stand back. Ho ho ho.

Yet John has been trying and failing to get FGW and Network Rail
management to such a meeting for over a year. BOTH ORGS ARE DRAGGING
THEIR FEET ON THE ISSUE.

What the hell does he expect FGW or Network Rail to do about what is
clearly a social problem in that one little area? Close the station and
bury the track in a tunnel? Even that won't work, people will just find
other even more inconsiderate ways of topping themselves.

THIS IS THE LANGUAGE POLICE
PUT DOWN YOUR THESAURUS
STEP AWAY FROM THE CLICHE