Old April 2nd 04, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default ON Network - any better?

Robin May wrote:
I believe the idea behind it is to make the south London National Rail
lines seem more tube like and easier to understand. I think it's a good
idea to make the system better advertised and easier to understand
because I find those lines a confusing nightmare. 4 TPH is pretty crap
but I think it's the bare minimum for me personally to consider using a
service as a "turn up and go" metro type thing, and I can understand
why they'd choose it.

So, if the Overground Network succeeds in creating an easily understood
tube like network of lines with (just) enough trains for you to turn up
and go, then I think it is a good idea, even if it is at heart just
window dressing.

I think you're right, but the other side of the argument is why dress it
up as something it isn't? Isn't that even more confusing to the "customer"?