Old October 8th 12, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default In the Oyster age, what does "Tickets valid on local buses" mean?

In message

, at 09:52:17 on Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Recliner

remarked:
I notice that the Picc has been much disrupted today and it's announced
that tickets are valid on local buses and FCC. But what does this mean to
Oyster card users? Do they have to pay on the day and then claim Oyster
refunds from The Oyster helpline? At best, that's tedious, and I wonder
now many people will bother.

If the tube fare would have reached the daily cap there's probably not
any financial loss, although it gets complicated if you have a student
railcard loaded (it only discounts for trains, and so perhaps a set of
bus trips will reach a higher cap, but it's so Byzantine it makes my
head hurt).