Old October 15th 12, 07:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Daylight savings end

On Sunday, 14 October 2012 15:05:48 UTC+1, Herman T wrote:
In the early morning of October 28, do all night buses run for an extra hour? Will any daytime buses which have scheduled departures after 1am on Saturday night also run for an extra hour?

On the opposite day in March, do buses scheduled to depart after 1am simply not run, or run to GMT? I presume that a few workings of each night bus would be skipped.

On October 28th, night buses will run to BST. This means that they will run to their timetables as if there had been no time change, and it will make it appear as if they have stopped running an hour too early.

eg. If the last night bus is at 6am, then the last bus on October 28th will be at 6am (BST) or 5am (GMT)

The reverse situation happens at the end of March.

I am not sure what happens with regard to 24 hour routes, maybe they have to put a few extra buses into the timetable.