Old October 16th 12, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default A couple of signs

In message , at 14:09:31 on Tue, 16
Oct 2012, Peter Campbell Smith remarked:
I believe that the building regs (for non-residential property) state
maximum gradients of 1:20 amongst various other parameters. I don't think
they actually forbid steps, but surely that's assumed.

Perhaps steps are covered by the gradient of the riser?

I also agree that steps like those are awkward even for the able-bodied.
There's a very similar set over the Peterborough inner ring road
(between the station and the City Centre) that are difficult to
negotiate because the steps are too big for one stride each, and too
small for two strides each.