Old October 22nd 12, 04:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
antoine antoine is offline

Default point to stay related to transports

Dear readers I need your suggestion. I will come to England for one week
for visiting London and the sorrondings. Because the airplane is landing
in Stansted, I thaought that taking an accomodation in Cambridge would be
practical for living some days in a beautiful "small" english town and
also being not too far from London.
Is it a good idea to rent a car and to drive from Cambridge to a place
somewhere near London where it is possible to park and to go by
underground train to the center of the city? I always do so when I have
to go to Milan from my town in the north of Italy.
Do you think that the traffic conditions near Cambridge are such that I
can make a good use of the car to visit for instance the seaside (Norfolk)
or another town like Oxford? Or I will be spending ours in queues?
Thank you for your suggestions. I love England where I spent one year
40 years ago (and I also got a british driving licence).