Old October 25th 12, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Steaming from Olympia to Moorgate

In message , at 17:37:48 on Wed, 24 Oct
2012, Mizter T remarked:
I was right royally screwed by the Olympics ticket ballot, and I'm sure
I wasn't he only one.

Did you get up at six in the morning along with half of the rest of the
country when further tickets went on sale to those who weren;t
successful in the initial ballot? Did you not take advantage of any of
the further ticket sale releases, of which there were several?

I'd made other plans by then. And the timing of the extra ticket sales
wasn't that obvious to me (even if it might have been to half of the
rest of the population).

Also, IIRC, you didn't consider any of the 75% of tickets that were to
events outside the Olympic Park to be proper Olympics tickets, unlike
all the folk who went along and enjoyed these events.

The majority of the "outside the park" tickets were for football, so no
thanks.

And did you consider tickets to the Paralympics instead, which was also
a fantastic spectacle?

With hindsight, perhaps I could have done. But at the time of the
original ticket ballot the Paralympics had a very low profile.

Anyhow, a ballot is a ballot - not everyone gets what they want, that's
the whole point

Having applied for about six events, chosen over a range of days and
prices, none of which were things like the 100m finals, I was a bit
miffed not to get any at all. The ballot should have spread the tickets
more evenly (for example, putting people at the back of the queue once
they've got one set of tickets).