Old October 25th 12, 04:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Denis McMahon[_4_] Denis McMahon[_4_] is offline

Default Amersham and Chesham

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:28:58 +0100, Peter Able wrote:

Dft: It takes over 15 minutes to attach a diesel locomotive.

I've never understood this. If the diesel loco is properly designed to
interwork with the unit(s) that it's expected to haul, then surely
(de)coupling should take no longer than splitting and combining any *MU
stock.

Although I do understand that one school of thought holds that the DfT
probably couldn't manage the proper design of a 1cm x 1cm x 1cm cube of
solid steel, let alone anything more complex, perhaps that's the real
issue? And yet they feel they can manage the design of IEP .....

Rgds

Denis McMahon