Old July 18th 03, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Centaur Centaur is offline

Default Tube door opening and closing times

"Michael Bell" wrote in message
The time wasted on opening and closing the tube doors has
always irritated me.

Yes I agree time is lost, bear in mind of course that on the Central the
circuitry has to 'make' when the train stops over the PAC [Platform ATO
Communications Transmit/Receive] at platform stopping marks.
It appears that soime stations take longer for the transmission to verify
this was more apparent some years ago whilst they got adjusted but today
there are few really lengthy waits, Holborn (westbound) I can think of but
one. Bank east used to be terrible sopme years back now, as the train
constantly missed the PAC and the delay caused as the driver had to engage
his door overide rotary switch now converting to a yellow 'mushroom' button
I believe.