Old October 27th 12, 12:06 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Ganz system (was: Amersham and Chesham)

Mark Brader:
Also note how high the arm is above the locomotive. You'd never
fit that thing into a Metropolitan or District tunnel. They must
have had a different sort of collector in mind.

"Nick":
I've never really looked into the three phase ideas of the Met but I'd
always thought they were looking at the three phase "two wire" system
...not with overhead wires but rails, with lower supply voltage than Ganz.

As I indicated in my previous posting, "A History of London Transport"
is quite explicit that it was Ganz and overhead wires.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Something doesn't become ethical just because