Old October 28th 12, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Timetables and Prices for LU150 specials announced

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 10:37:47 -0000, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

"Spyke" wrote in message
The LT Museum have just announced the timetables, prices and ballot
process for the LU150 steam specials next January.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/lu150/calendar

According to the PDF at

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/dow...sandprices.pdf

A 30min trip from Olympia to Moorgate behind Met No 1 will set you back
£150 3rd class and £180 1st class. A trip the other way behind Sarah
Siddons is slightly cheaper at £50/£80 respectively.

Rather a far cry from the £5 all day rover with Sarah during Amersham
Heritage day.

Interesting set of routes. The one that intrigues me is the last one -
Olympia to Moorgate via Edgware Road. The obvious route (surely?) is
Earls Court, High St Ken. Yet the description say only the first 6
minutes will be steam hauled which seems to suggest going to Gloucester
Road to reverse which doesn't feel right.

That seems like a reasonable guess -- it's either that or an engine
change at Earls Court, which seems less likely.

Where is the stock going to be stabled? Given the noon ish start on the
13th I might try and position myself for a shot of the ECS.

Lillie Bridge depot, perhaps? Or maybe Ruislip or Ealing Common?

Lillie Bridge depot has direct access to Olympia so is makes some sense.

--
Colin Rosenstiel