Old October 29th 12, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Timetables and Prices for LU150 specials announced

In message , at 00:27:34 on
Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
One vantage point might be a hotel room at the Travelodge which
overlooks the closed KX/Thameslink station, and the Metropolitan line
alongside.

I suspect people will want photos or videos. A hotel room is unlikely
to be any good you can open the window to avoid excessive reflections
given almost all runs are in the dark. As moden hotels are air
conditioned it is fairly rare to get fully opening windows.

Yes, I think the windows are glued shut in a vain attempt to keep out
the all-night train noise.

However looking at Google Earth for that area has given me pause for
thought.

I think it might be possible to see the cutting north of Farringdon from
several vantage points, including perhaps a ladder and peering over the
wall. http://goo.gl/maps/cp4BS