Old October 29th 12, 03:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Amersham and Chesham

In message
, at
02:39:29 on Mon, 29 Oct 2012, 77002 remarked:
Well thats the problem isn't it. In the UK there seems to be a culture in
civil engineering to get away with as small as you possibly can. You see this
everywhere in roads, buildings and of course the hopeless railway loading gauge.

Not to mention the size of homes. I have seen bedrooms in which it
would be impossible to fit the smallest bed.

Not seen one quite that small, but the bed in my 4th bedroom only fits
in one direction, the other it's about an inch too long (and that would
be after removing the skirting boards). It is slightly longer than
average [single] bed though.