Old October 30th 12, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default S stock

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:59:06 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

Was it really necessary for the body to taper in so severely at floor level?
I realise the lower floor means it has to be cut back for curved platforms
but it leaves a huge potentially dangerous gap at certain stations. Was it
really worth it just for those mythical wheelchair users who don't exist?

I'd rather have the low floor and a platform gap than vice versa.