Old July 18th 03, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Nick Nick is offline

Default Will Travelcard Zone 6 ever expand to include Dartford stattion?

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"Nick" wrote in message
And to include Swanley?. Both stations are within the M25 area and are
included in the Freedom Pass area (and quite sensibly too...)

Dartford in particular is an important interchange for the three lines

the west through Bexley.

Are there any precedents for stations outside the Greater London

boundary
being in the Travelcard area?

Thames Ditton and Hampton Court stations are outside the GL boundary, and
when teh zonal scheme came in were outside the Travelcard boundary, but

this
was quickly amended to include them.

Grange Hill, Chigwell, Roding Valley and Loughton are olutside GL, but

have
always been included within Zone 6. Zone 6 has subsequently been extended

include the Loughton - Epping section of the Central Line.

Elstree is outside GL, but is now within Zone 6.

You can get to Dartford or Swanley using a Travelcard, but you have to
travel by bus. The Cannon Street - Sidcup - Abbey Wood - Cannon Street
roundabout trains stray across the GL boundary between Crayford and Slade
Green, but a Zone 6 Travelcard is valid.

Hmm, I can't understand why they won't consider inclusion of Dartford then.
Is it relatively a lot more expensive to include a national rail station
just outside then a tube station just outside? I guess so.

Dartford is such an important interchange for lines through an outer London
borough. The case is compelling, but TfL won't hear of it.

Actually, I can't believe it would actually cost *that* much in the grand
scheme of the TfL budget and would actually make a real difference for us
Z1-6 Travelcard holders...

Nick