Old November 1st 12, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Makers of London Taxi in administration

Mizter T wrote:

Time for common sense to prevail and for all brands of accessible minibus
to be permitted instead? I am unconvinced of the turning circle argument.

And I'm unconvinced of your interpretation of 'common sense'!

LTI taxis are rather more expensive than the alternatives, both to buy and
to run, so long as you lose the turning circle requirement. Taxi fares
could be lower if costs were lower. You could still paint them black and
have a taxi sign on the top.

This is sounding rather similar, I suppose, to the argument against the
Boris Bus.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.