Old November 1st 12, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Makers of London Taxi in administration

Neil Williams wrote:
Bruce wrote:
That would mean that the turning circle at the Savoy Hotel would have
to be declared off-limits for taxis; there is no room to enlarge it.

I don't think the design of taxis throughout London should be predicated on
one particularly exclusive hotel.

I agree. But the tight turning circle is useful across London. It
enables U-turns that could not otherwise be made. A cabbie wouldn't
be keen on picking someone up from the far side of a road if he
couldn't make a U-turn to do so. So punters would end up crossing
busy roads while the cab waited on the other side. I feel pretty sure
that would cause far more accidents.