Old November 2nd 12, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default point to stay related to transports

On 02/11/2012 23:37, wrote:

In article ,

(Jarle H Knudsen) wrote:

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 19:33:31 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

A train is deemed full when all the seats are occupied. After that
people can stand in the aisles and vestibules, making it more than
100% full.

Is this also true for London Overground trains with longitudal
seating?

Funny you should ask. I had a feeling there was an allowance for standing at
so many per square metre in calculating the PIXC figures.

Roland is just trying to rewrite the official definition, so I'll join
in the spirit of things and rewrite his earlier sentence...

"A train is deemed full ***by me*** [i.e. R Perry] when all the seats
are occupied. After that people can stand in the aisles and vestibules,
making it more than 100% full."

The above does not match the railway industry's definition.