Old November 6th 12, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim[_3_] Jim[_3_] is offline

Default S stock

In article , d
says...

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:08:57 -0000
Jim [wake wrote:
Oh really? Which bits specifically?

B2003

Central Line :: Wanstead to beyond Liverpool Street [passenger had to
struggle to get the wheelchair down the ecalator]

So how did he manage that then? Stand up and hold it?

Jubilee Line :: Stratford to North Greenwich, Canary Wharf to London
Bridge, Canada Water to beyond London Bridge

Northern Line :: London Bridge to Euston

District Line :: East Ham travelling westbound, West Ham travelling
westbound, also at other times but I don't remember where.

Sorry, don't believe you. I've never seen anyone in a wheelchair on the tube.
Ever. What are the chances of you seeing them all those times and me never
seeing any? Slim.

B2003

Believe what you may, as one of your despised old gits that has
difficulty with stairs I am aware of station lifts. Whilst it's usually
buggies with the lifts, I have met wheelchair users using them at East
Ham and at West Ham.

I agree sightings are rare, that's why I remember them.

One day perhaps it will be you that needs such things, who knows?