Old November 6th 12, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter CS Peter CS is offline

Default Skyfall

d wrote in :

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:57:21 -0600
wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

I see Charing Cross jubilee platforms got a nice workout in the
latest Bond film. LU must've earned a few quid there. Are those
platforms used for anything else these days other than filming?

Don't they reverse trains there sometimes?

Don't know. But it makes sense if there's a problem further down.
Don't understand why they couldn't keep the platforms operational. It
would have cost buttons compared to the price of the JLE as a whole.

I think they were down to their last button paying for the JLE. I believe
the reason given at the time was that the escalators needed heavy work and
the cost of fixing them wasn't justified for occasional use.

Presumably maintaining track and platforms in a state suitable for
passengers is also an ongoing cost which they could save in favour of other
more rewarding projects.

Peter

--
|| Peter CS ~ Epsom ~ UK | pjcs02 [at] gmail.com |