Old November 6th 12, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default S stock

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message

In article ,
wrote:
Er, probably not. I rather doubt that the number of journeys between each
possible pair of stations is equal.

True, but in the absence of data I approximated.

I really should put in a FoI request to get better data...

I would expect the steep-free stations
cover most of the busier stations so the percentage of journeys that are
possible step-free is much higher than 6%.

I think this is not true; look at the Central Line. The accessible
stations are Stratford (probably one of the busier stations on the
line; but I'd guess Liverpool Street and Bank are as busy), Woodford,
Roding Valley, Hainault, and Epping.

The other factor is that even if the start and destination are both
accessible, most interchange stations are not accessible which limits the
options further.

Peter Smyth