Old April 2nd 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.transport.london
Dave Plowman Dave Plowman is offline

Default Electric or Hybrid Card or something car, suggestions?

In article ,
D.P.Round wrote:
80% of my annual milage is done in stop-start slow driving with total
journey length of around 20 miles. This is achievable for an EV.
Add an engine for long trips (hybrid) and the result should be really
useful. I guess there must be snags or we would all have one since
I am sure that my requirements are not unusual.

All EV or hybrid vehicles use advanced weight and friction saving methods
- combined with restricted performance. Apply these parameters to a small,
say diesel, vehicle and the quoted differences might well disappear. In
other words, the comparisons given by makers don't use an even playing
field.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn