Old November 8th 12, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Skyfall

d wrote:

I dunno. I'm sure there are some crossovers at westminster or london
bridge.

You dunno then.

Apparently theres one at waterloo. Perfect.

http://www.districtdavesforum.co.uk/...thread=1089 2

When the JLE originally opened it was operated as a shuttle service from
Stratford for the first six months or so, steadily extended towards the
centre, with Westminster the last link in the chain.

The line when extended was not designed to have an operative branch (for
public services) off to Charing Cross.

The crossovers allow it.

Do they allow it easily with a through service running at the same time? Or
are they just still there for end of day turning and engineer works?

The Jubilee line needs all the capacity it can get to the east.

From london bridge sure, from Stanmore? No so sure.

Traffic on it's certainly quite high between Green Park and Westminster and
reducing the frequency on that link in the chain would be chaotic.

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c