Old November 9th 12, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Dartford crossing

On 09/11/2012 09:20, tim..... wrote:

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/11/2012 20:20, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:05:27 on Thu, 8 Nov
2012, tim..... remarked:
The M6 Toll is admittedly well known, and I have a vague recollection
that the Humber, Severn and Forth bridges are tolled (none of which
I've
used in the last 20+ years). Beyond that... nothing.

tim's assertion upthread is of course quite daft.

what, the assertion that a well travelled person live Roland should
know the half dozen major tolled roads in the UK?

Surprisingly enough, I've rarely encountered toll roads.

I amazed that he doesn't

JOOI Which ones are missing from my list?

Penrhyndeudraeth,

That was "bought out" many years ago.

And IME, paying it was voluntary anyway :-(

Confusion with the Porthmadog one? Thought the booth looks a bit
unmanned in the streetview pics from 2009, the sign is still there.

http://goo.gl/maps/krE7S