Old November 10th 12, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Oyster Card

"Recliner" wrote in message
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:15:28 +0000, Lewis
wrote:

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post this but I was
wondering if anyone could help me. What is the maximum amount of times
you can use your oyster card in a set period of time? I have just
produce a list of things that I need to do on Monday and it will require
9 different uses of my oyster card in a two hour period. Will my oyster
card work for all thee journies? I heard that there is a cap of the
amount of journeys that can be made in a period of time

I have never heard of such a limit. There are journeys in London where
nine validations within 2 hours are perfectly possible. Further, staff
use Oyster cards to open gates time after time without any issue. I am
sure there must have been times when I have used an Oyster card as
many times as you propose to do, again without any card problems.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that the card holds the last
10 transactions but this is not an issue. Once the 11th transaction is
made the first one disappears from the card. The system overall
captures all the transactions anyway.

I'm now the proud possessor of one of the new 60+ not-quite-Freedom Oyster
cards, and I notice that it doesn't tell me the fares that I've saved. Do
you know if it calculates them at all, or just opens the gates without
doing any fare calculations? And does it keep a query-able journey history
like a normal Oyster card? [It'll spot me doing some strange ones as I
take advantage of my new freedom!]

I suspect this inanimate object will spot nothing at all

tim