Old November 12th 12, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Card

On 12/11/2012 14:41, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:00:21 +0000, Mizter T
wrote:

On 11/11/2012 13:45, Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]
Other sets of interavailabilities / time based restrictions have grown
up over the years because of the "early adopters" of PAYG plus the
impact of London Overground. The proliferation of discount schemes and
the reluctance of the TOCs to participate in them is another factor in
burgeoning availability complexity.

I dare say a new set will emerge when the Overground extends in a few
weeks time where you'll be able to go to Denmark Hill on a LOROL train
before 0930 but not on a South Eastern or Southern one! [...]

Though you won't be going to Denmark Hill on a Southern train from 9
December onwards, as there won't be any! (Unless a signalman sets the
wrong route, and a driver takes it...)

Trust me to choose a station without Southern after 9 Dec 2012. Can I
swap to Peckham Rye which I assume will keep some Southern service
coverage? I am showing up my relative ignorance of the rail network
south of the Thames!

You can - if there's no Southern service at Peckham Rye from 9 Dec
onwards then something will have gone badly wrong with the planning!

(Denmark Hill's only Southern service being the 'South London Line'
service which shuttles between Victoria and London Bridge, which is of
course being withdrawn at the timetable change.)