Old November 15th 12, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 04:15:28PM +0000, Lewis wrote:

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post this but I was
wondering if anyone could help me. What is the maximum amount of times
you can use your oyster card in a set period of time? I have just
produce a list of things that I need to do on Monday and it will require
9 different uses of my oyster card in a two hour period. Will my oyster
card work for all thee journies? I heard that there is a cap of the
amount of journeys that can be made in a period of time

I expect that you're getting confused with the fare cap. If you use
your PAYG Oyster card enough in a day that it would have been cheaper to
get a one day travelcard*, then you will only be charged for a one day
travelcard.

* the exact amount will depend on what modes of transport you've used,
the time of day, phase of the moon, and what colour tie Boris is
wearing today

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary" -- H. L. Mencken