Old April 3rd 04, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Peake Steve Peake is offline

Default Kew Bridge bus lane

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:13:29 GMT, Richard J. wrote:

Not sure what your point is here, but I would agree that separation of
cycle and motor traffic is inadequate at that junction. TfL have plans
to remodel the junction, including extending the lights to cover the
junction with Spring Grove in connection with a proposed new bus route
serving Strand-on-the-Green. It's worth asking them what their plans
are for safer cycle routes through the junction.

as well as removing the bus/cycle lane, when the bridge was "improved" they
also removed the on-pavement cycle lane on the other side.

I pointed this out to TFL many months ago, as well as the fact that a
cyclist has already been killed on the approach to the bridge. Their
response, "they are looking into it". Fat lot of good looking into it does
*after* they have changed the road layout.

I would favour on road cycle lanes on both sides, with a width restriction
on the south bound side to make the morons aware that there really is only
one lane going south.

Steve