Old April 3rd 04, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 at 21:19:25, Gareth Davis
wrote:

Of course I'm sure other people's experiences will be different.

I agree about the very uncomfortable seats - the same applied on the
buses, too. But overall I found the system fairly easy to use, and I
was impressed by the length of the trains - I was never on one that was
uncomfortably crowded, even when I travelled in the rush hours.

But they were nothing like as comfortable as DLR trains...... or even
Jubbly line (you usually get a seat at Canning Town going East, I find).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004