Old April 3rd 04, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 at 12:47:55, Joe wrote:

The map is huge and confusing. The only thing I remember was the Q diamond,
and never understood what it did, compared to the Normal Q line.

Q Diamond was the express, normal Q the local (we took the Q Diamond to
get to and from where we were staying with a friend in Brooklyn).

One thing I didn't say in my previous post was how marvellous the
commuter trains seemed to be compared to SouthCentral and Thameslink! We
took the commuter train to Trenton, New Jersey, and changed there to
another commuter train to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and it was
wonderful. Really comfortable, for local trains, with staff on the
trains to check your ticket and reduce vandalism, clean lavatories that
worked...... enough said! Left SC and TL absolutely standing!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004