Old November 23rd 12, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

On 23/11/2012 11:53, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:12:43 on Fri, 23 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:
I will admit that some bus drivers are jobsworths and will absolutely
refuse to
open the doors even if stuck in traffic 10 metres from a stop which
is just
being bloody minded for the sake of it, but if you're going to use a bus
you have to accept its not your personal transport.

It is not being bloody minded for the sake of it, if they let you off
away from a stop and you trip and fall, the company is not insured and
the driver can lose his job.

I'm quite happy to be let off at "official" bus stops, although I think
your cautionary tale is an urban myth, because most of the stations en
route don't have bus stops, nor any other facility for delivering people
other than by dropping them off at the kerbside (often in darkness).

I was answering Boltar not you. I believe bus replacement services have
designated "bus stops", which wouldn't include "middle of the high
street". Therefore the insurance angle might still apply.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail