Old November 23rd 12, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

In message , at 12:45:19 on Fri, 23 Nov
2012, d remarked:
And those passengers who don't want to get off in the high street are
delayed because of you. How is that fair?

Everyone's already been delayed by the bustitution. Another fifteen
seconds isn't going to make any difference.

Sure, if its just you. But then Mable wants to get off at Bingo. Tracy wants
to get off at Mothercare down the road and Kev wants to get off at the Dole
office. Eventually half the passengers have got off before the next station
and the bus is 10 minutes late.

The trip I had in mind was between a few small villages and their
stations. No Bingo, Mothercare or dole office in any of them.

One stop per village was all I was asking for (in the High Street, not
at the station which was on the outskirts).

I will admit that some bus drivers are jobsworths and will absolutely refuse

open the doors even if stuck in traffic 10 metres from a stop which is just
being bloody minded for the sake of it, but if you're going to use a bus
you have to accept its not your personal transport.

I was attempting to use a train!

Yeah well, you were on a bus. You must have known there was a bus replacement
service so you could always have taken the car instead.

When I went to work in the morning everything was fine. By the evening,
trains were cancelled and buses put in place.