Old November 23rd 12, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:22:06 on Fri, 23 Nov
2012, Graeme Wall remarked:
I believe bus replacement services have designated "bus stops",

No, they just stop on a country road somewhere near the station.

They stop at the point designated by the Train operating Company. This
is the only point approved by the insurance company. There may not be a
sign there, but the driver will have received instructions to stop at.
say the junction of Station Road and lonely Lane. This is where the
passengers will be told to wait by the TOC, either by a sign, or by the
operator on the TOC's phone number that will be advertised.

which wouldn't include "middle of the high street".

Unless the station's there, in which case my requirement would not arise.

True.

Therefore the insurance angle might still apply.

But there are official bus stops in the High Street.

These are not approved for use by rail replacement services, which are
legally a limited stop service, run under contract to the TOC.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.