Old November 23rd 12, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

On 23/11/2012 13:30, Paul Scott wrote:
"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...

I've been on replacement buses where the driver has asked if anyone
does actually wants to go to a particular station itself, or can the
bus drop off on the main road/village centre/etc to save a slow trip
along a narrow dead-end lane to the station and back.

Hopefully on a set down only service, or the driver knew by other means
no-one was waiting at the station?

I'd hope there would be some contact with the station staff to avoid
leaving people.

Some years ago I used to semi-regularly use a long-distance bus route
which often needed extra buses to shift all the passengers (classic
problem of people travelling outbound throughout the day, but all
wanting to go home at 17:00). /Usually/ they would get all the people
for the final terminus onto one bus, and run it directly rather than
following the normal route. And they would usually drop at the end of my
road if I asked.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK